For more information and additional FAQs, visit the OPM site.


The CFC is the official workplace giving campaign of the federal government. The mission of the CFC is to promote and support philanthropy through a program that is employee focused, cost-efficient, and effective in providing Federal employees the opportunity to improve the quality of life for all. The CFC is the world's largest and most successful annual workplace charity campaign, with 36 CFC zones throughout the country and overseas raising millions of dollars each year. Since the campaign's inception in 1961, generous federal employees have donated more than $8.3 billion through the CFC. Pledges made by federal civilian, postal, and military donors during the campaign season support eligible nonprofit organizations that provide health and human service benefits throughout the world.


Federal employees can make a pledge online via the centralized giving platform. Donors can choose a payroll deduction or a one-time or recurring monthly pledge via a credit card, debit card, or direct bank transfer. For the next four years, donors also have the option of completing a paper pledge card. Paper pledge donors can give via payroll deduction or check. Federal employees are also invited to broaden the impact of their gift by pledging volunteer hours to participating charities in addition to monetary donations.


Federal retirees are invited to continue to support the charitable causes they care about by giving through the CFC with a one-time contribution (i.e., cash, check, or credit card) or recurring pledges through their annuity.


Undesignated contributions are no longer permitted under new CFC regulations. Please designate your pledge to the specific CFC charity or charities of your choice.


Minimum contribution amounts via payroll deduction are $1 per pay period per charity. The minimum credit card donation is $10. The maximum online contribution is $99,999. However, maximum payroll deduction gifts may be limited by each payroll service provider (for example, active duty members of the Army, Navy, and Air Force are limited to $9,999).

Where can I get a paper pledge form?

For a hard copy, please contact your local Campaign Coordinator. You can also print one off from our Zone website. From the “Donors” menu, please select “Campaign Materials.”

How do I pledge online?

Please click on the “Donate Now” button on the upper right-hand side of the website. If you’re new to online giving, click “Sign Up Now.” If you’re a returning online donor, click “Sign In.” The system will walk you through how to pledge. For live assistance, please call 800-797-0098.

My federal agency is not listed under the online drop-down menu. What do I do?

For now, please select “Other” and continue with your pledge. Please also contact your local CFC Coordinator and ask them to bring the matter to our attention.

I cannot find my charity in the Charity List or online.

Try searching with different criteria such as Exact Name, Keyword, CFC #, or EIN. Charities have to annually apply to be a part of the campaign, so there is a possibility the organization did not apply or was not eligible. Contact your local campaign to request adding a particular charity for next year’s campaign.

Can I give cash?

We’re sorry, but under the new regulations, no cash is accepted. Payroll is preferred and begins shortly after the campaign closes. You can also make a credit card donation on line, or submit a personal check along with a paper pledge form.

What happens when I retire if I signed up for payroll deduction?

Your donation will stop automatically with your last paycheck. At this time, the donation cannot roll over to your retirement pay, but you can sign up for retirement pay donations the following year. Please know that we cannot accept payroll donations if you plan to retire BEFORE March 31.

How can I get my charity in the campaign?

Charities have to apply annually to be a part of the campaign.  Under the “About” menu, please click “Contact Us” and let us know which nonprofit organization you’d like to see in the campaign.

How do I find to who I pledged to last year and how much?

Please log in at https://cfcgiving.opm.gov.Next, at the top right, it says “Welcome, name.” and just below it says “Your account” with a down arrow next to it. Click on the down arrow, and then click “Your pledge” to view last year’s pledge details.

Where do I mail my pledge form(s)?

Please send completed paper pledge forms to: CFC Processing Center P.O. Box 7820 Madison, Wisconsin 53707-7820

I’m a Federal retiree. How do I pledge?

Please visithttps://cfcgiving.opm.gov, and select “Create an Account.” You will be prompted to register as a retiree or “annuitant.” From there, the pledging process should walk you through how to pledge by either a deduction from your retirement pay or via credit card. If you have trouble, please call 800-797-0098. You can also pledge via paper form and personal check, if you wish. To do so, download a retiree pledge form from our website (under the “Donors” menu, please select “Campaign Materials”) and mail the completed form and check to:

CFC Processing Center P.O. Box 7820 Madison, Wisconsin 53707-7820

Can retirees pledge volunteer time through the CFC?

Unfortunately, no. While the Executive Order allows retirees to pledge monetary donations through the CFC, it only gives the authority for federal employees and members of the uniformed armed services to be solicited for volunteer time.